Traveling on a budget frees up money you can spend in other ways while you’re on your trip in San Diego, CA. Whether you’re visiting sunny San Diego to see the sights or taking a trip for Comic Con and need some prime places to eat near your San Diego Convention Center hotel, here are a few choice eateries in the Gaslamp Quarterthat are worth every penny.
- Bertrand at Mr. A’s – Nested comfortably on the twelfth floor of a skyscraper, at the cusp of Downtown San Diego, Bertrand at Mr. A’s offers a select menu of seasonal delights, including seafood, meats, and more. They also have an impressive wine selection. Bertrand at Mr. A’s offers New American cuisine with one of the best views of San Diego, stretching all the way from the Coronado Bridge and across the bay to the San Diego Airport. Want to stay nearby? Look into cheap San Diego Airport accommodations and enjoy close proximity and extra savings which you can use toward your meal!
- Donovan’s of Downtown – This classy restaurant is not your typical steakhouse. They offer fine dining for the discriminating carnivore. This renowned steak house has an award-winning wine selection and delectable cuts of high-quality steak, along with many tempting chicken, chop and seafood choices. Unlike other steakhouses, Donovan’s provides a side and a vegetable with your entrée of choice, helping in terms of affordability as these sides are often an additional cost at similar restaurants.
- Nobu - Fans of Asian fusion, Japanese cuisine and sushi will appreciate this restaurant. Nobu offers some of the most exquisite sushi you’ll ever have, without hopping a plane to Japan. This is a trendy, upscale restaurant that’s earned every bit of the hype surrounding it. While it is on the more expensive side of San Diego’s dining spectrum, they have a daily happy hour from 5pm to 7pm and all night every Friday. Enjoy a few appetizers in the bar and a hot sake before heading to your table to save on your final bill.
- Acqua Al 2 – With a menu that’s firmly rooted in traditional Tuscan classics, this trattoria-style restaurant is one you can’t afford to miss. They offer a tantalizing selection of cold and hot menu options, along with a wide array of freshly made pasta dishes.
- Opaque - For a more novel fine-dining experience, foodies should make a point to reserve a table at Opaque. The dining room is bathed in complete darkness, allowing diners to enjoy their meal using all of their other senses. They offer a New American menu, with delicately cooked selections of beef, chicken, vegetarian and fish to choose from.
Once you’ve unpacked and settled into your affordable Downtown San Diego hotel room, call and reserve a table at one of these five popular restaurants to get a taste of San Diego. Looking for more information on things to see and do during your San Diego vacation? Follow Marina Inn on Facebook and Twitter and don’t forget to reserve your discount hotel room with us by calling 1-800-571-2933!