San Diego is a diverse city that loves to celebrate art, culture and local businesses and one of the best ways to do this is through monthly art walks. Every month throughout San Diego county various cities, towns and villages host art walks where locals and tourists are welcome to come wander the streets, sample food, browse through art galleries, sip on vino and mix and mingle among local artists and business owners. Want to know the best part? It’s all free! Of course if you want to leave with a stunning new sculpture or some handmade jewelry you’ll have to fork over some cash, but just wandering through the city streets is an experience in and of itself.
Each of the events listed below aim to celebrate the eclectic avenues available for art, cuisine and entertainment. Stroll through the doors of local galleries, sample tasty food vendor bites, grab a drink at a street-side wine bar or sit and listen to live music while people watching.
Here are the regular monthly art walks happening each month in San Diego:
- Art in the Park | The 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month, Spreckles Park in Coronado Village | 9 am to 4 pm
- Friday Night Liberty | First Friday of every month, NTC at Liberty Station | Starts at 5 pm
- Ray at Night | 2nd Saturday of every month, North Park | 6 pm to 10 pm
- Second Saturday Art Walk | 2nd Saturday of every month, Downtown Escondido | 5 pm to 9 pm
- Kettner Nights | 2nd Friday of every month, Little Italy North | 6 pm to 9 pm
- Family Sunday | Every 3rd Sunday of the month, Balboa Park | noon to 4 pm
For more information on what to see and do in Balboa Park and Downtown San Diego during your family vacation, click here! You’ll also find information on affordable Gaslamp Quarter accommodations.
The culturally rich and trendy community of Little Italy is also hosting the Mission Federal Art Walk next month on April 26-27, from 11 am to 6 pm. This two day event will go above and beyond by featuring special 30th Anniversary Art, live street painting, a special hands-on Kids Walk, and live performances from acclaimed musicians and dance troupes. Turn this special event into an excuse to take an extended San Diego vacation and book a nearby Little Italy budget hotel room at Marina Inn & Suites.
To book your cheap downtown San Diego hotel room at Marina Inn & Suites you can click on the “Reservations” tab above or call a friendly reservations specialist at 1-800-571-2933. Don’t forget to ask about our available discounts and follow us on Facebook for exclusive offers!