San Diego is a large place with many things to do and see. If you want a fun way to enjoy San Diego, make your way to its most popular attractions.
- Visit the San Diego Zoo. The zoo is the city’s most popular attraction. Situated on more than 100 acres of land in the heart of downtown San Diego, a great way to see the entire park and all its exhibits is by hopping on a bus tour. Be sure not to miss the giant pandas, the elephants, and the new zoo exhibit Koalafornia.
- Go to SeaWorld. This aquatic theme park has a large selection of marine animals from local and international waters. To get an up close look at the marine life, check out one of the SeaWorld San Diego live shows. Other popular activities include dining with Shamu, dancing with Alex the Lion in the Madagascar musical or going on one of the many water rides.
- Stop By Old Town. This is the oldest neighborhood in San Diego, making it a great place to learn about the city’s beginnings. To make the most of your visit here, take one of the Old Town San Diego tours. Also stop by the many shops in the area that feature handmade crafts, pottery and clothing.
- Visit a beach. San Diego is known for its many scenic beaches and sandy white shores. If you want be like a local San Diegan, try taking some surfing lessons at La Jolla Shores, Pacific Beach or Mission Beach. There many schools along the water where you can sign up for lessons but advance reservations are always recommended.
Depending on your interests and who you’re traveling with, you may find additional attractions to visit to make your stay in San Diego enjoyable. Guests who want to get the most out of their San Diego vacation should stay at the Marina Inn. It is a cheap downtown San Diego hotel which offers clean, spacious rooms and is conveniently located near most of San Diego’s top attractions.
While there’s no doubt that you love your kids, traveling with them isn’t always an easy task. From helping them pack to planning activities that will keep them entertained throughout your trip, you have many things to consider before actually leaving for you San Diego vacation. At the Marina Inn San Diego, we understand that this is your vacation too. To help alleviate some of the stress of planning, we have created a short list of kid and budget friendly activities.
Kid Friendly Theme Parks
- San Diego Zoo – A trip to San Diego isn’t complete without a trip to the zoo. When making you reservation, be sure to ask about our exclusive discounted zoo tickets and hotel rates for guests and families interested in visiting the zoo.
- SeaWorld – Hosting both marine life and thrilling rides, SeaWorld is a fun and educational San Diego theme park. For tips on how to explore SeaWorld, click here.
Museums Kids Love
- Balboa Park – There are 15 museums in Balboa Park, featuring everything from the history of man to space. No matter what your interests, there’s something for everyone at this urban park. At the very least, you can spend the day on the luxurious park grounds!
- New Children’s Museum – In downtown San Diego lies the New Children’s Museum which encourages kids to think, play and create. With hands on exhibits and art studio classes, younger kids love this museum.
Inexpensive Local Activities
- Beaches – The beaches are must for San Diego vacationers! Put on your swimsuit and enjoy Pacific, Mission or Ocean beaches or travel a bit further north to La Jolla Cove. If you’re looking for an all day adventure, head over to the beaches of Coronado.
- Petco Park – This unique ballpark provides visitors with views of both the beach and the city skyline. There are also many attractions at Petco Park for families to visit and enjoy.
- Torrey Pines State Park – At Torrey Pines, there are many hiking and biking trails to enjoy and locals and visitors can often be found picnicking in the area. Also be sure to catch a glimpse of the many hang gliders that jump off the cliffs.