While there’s no doubt that you love your kids, traveling with them isn’t always an easy task. From helping them pack to planning activities that will keep them entertained throughout your trip, you have many things to consider before actually leaving for you San Diego vacation. At the Marina Inn San Diego, we understand that this is your vacation too. To help alleviate some of the stress of planning, we have created a short list of kid and budget friendly activities.
Kid Friendly Theme Parks
- San Diego Zoo – A trip to San Diego isn’t complete without a trip to the zoo. When making you reservation, be sure to ask about our exclusive discounted zoo tickets and hotel rates for guests and families interested in visiting the zoo.
- SeaWorld – Hosting both marine life and thrilling rides, SeaWorld is a fun and educational San Diego theme park. For tips on how to explore SeaWorld, click here.
Museums Kids Love
- Balboa Park – There are 15 museums in Balboa Park, featuring everything from the history of man to space. No matter what your interests, there’s something for everyone at this urban park. At the very least, you can spend the day on the luxurious park grounds!
- New Children’s Museum – In downtown San Diego lies the New Children’s Museum which encourages kids to think, play and create. With hands on exhibits and art studio classes, younger kids love this museum.
Inexpensive Local Activities
- Beaches – The beaches are must for San Diego vacationers! Put on your swimsuit and enjoy Pacific, Mission or Ocean beaches or travel a bit further north to La Jolla Cove. If you’re looking for an all day adventure, head over to the beaches of Coronado.
- Petco Park – This unique ballpark provides visitors with views of both the beach and the city skyline. There are also many attractions at Petco Park for families to visit and enjoy.
- Torrey Pines State Park – At Torrey Pines, there are many hiking and biking trails to enjoy and locals and visitors can often be found picnicking in the area. Also be sure to catch a glimpse of the many hang gliders that jump off the cliffs.