San Diego is the ideal vacation destination offering the best of all worlds with a lively downtown district, a beautiful coastline and many popular tourist attractions. If you are planning a family vacation, there are many San Diego attractions for kids that are sure to make your vacation one to remember.
The Marina Inn, a kid friendly hotel in downtown San Diego provides traveling families with some of the best attractions to visit with kids:
- San Diego Zoo – The Zoo is a must see attraction for kids and individuals of all ages. As one of the largest zoos in the world, there is no shortage of animals, activities or live entertainment. Smaller children are able to enjoy the petting zoo and teenagers love getting an up close and personal look at rare and endangered animals. Reserve a room at the Marina Inn in downtown San Diego and enjoy our close proximity to the park.
- SeaWorld San Diego – Marine animal lover? SeaWorld San Diego is the ideal place to bring children to view creatures of the water. The unique park offers guided tours, live shows and a variety of educational classes that children can attend during their trip. The park also features several roller coasters and games that are fun for the entire family. Also check the official SeaWorld website to learn if the popular fireworks show is scheduled during your trip dates.
- Legoland California – Legoland is one of the favorite San Diego attractions for kids offering a theme park made entirely of Legos. Children of all ages love visiting the park and are able to participate in Lego building workshops, enjoy thrilling rides and roller coasters and during the summer season have access to the one of a kind Legoland water park.
- Balboa Park – Balboa Park is one of the largest urban parks in the United States. The 1,200 acre complex is situated in the heart of Downtown San Diego and is the perfect way for children to enjoy the San Diego sunshine. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast at the Marina Inn near Balboa Park before setting off to tour the park. If you would like to visit the museums, be sure to ask about discounted prices for museum entry upon arrival.
- Beaches – If you aren’t from a coastal city like San Diego, the beaches of the area are a great way to enjoy the city as the locals do. There are many beautiful beaches in San Diego including Coronado (voted one of the best beaches in America), Mission Beach and La Jolla. La Jolla Cove in particular is great for kids as the area is known for its low tides, providing the ideal conditions for snorkeling, swimming and body surfing.
The Marina Inn offers a central location in San Diego, a short drive from all of the above destinations. Reserving a stay at our hotel also provides you with additional savings during your vacation as we offer a variety of complimentary amenities including Wireless Internet, cable television with premium programming and parking. Contact a Reservation Manager at 1-800-571-2933 to reserve a room at the Marina Inn and be sure to ask about our current hotel deals.