Would you like to celebrate Christmas with Shamu? Well you can from November 16 through January 4! San Diego SeaWorld is soon going to transform into a winter wonderland complete with more than 6,500 square feet of fresh snow every day. Kids will have the opportunity to make snowmen and snow angels or even go sledding. Some other seasonal attractions at Sea World’s Christmas Celebration include:
- Santa’s Cottage: Bring the kids to meet Santa in his festive cottage and take a picture with the whole family. Visitors will also have a chance to decorate cookies and meet a few of Santa’s elves.
- SeaWorld’s Christmas Tree of Lights: Every night SeaWorld’s famous 320-foot Christmas tree will be lit up and visible from all over San Diego. This bright and delightful tradition has been going on since 1969!
- Breakfast with Shamu and Santa: Make reservations early for this special treat. For $16 to $26 a person you and your family can enjoy a delicious breakfast with Santa Claus, right next to Shamu’s enclosure.
- Santa’s Reindeers in Training: Two of Santa’s reindeer will be staying a SeaWorld this holiday season. The two friendly reindeer, named Jingles and Winter, can be seen at their corral right next to Santa’s cottage.
With so many families planning a San Diego holiday vacation this year, SeaWorld will surely get a little crowded. If you don’t want to battle the masses in their parking lot, there are other transportation options:
- If you’re coming from Downtown San Diego you can find the green trolley line stop near Petco Park and then get off at the Old Town Trolley Station. From there just take MTS BUS route 9 Pacific Beach via Sea World / Ingraham Stand get off at Sea World.
- Amtrak also offers affordable public transportation options for those who are traveling from the coastal communities of San Diego.
For a family-friendly place to stay near the theme park, that also offers discounted SeaWorld admission tickets, contact Marina Inn at 1-800-571-2933. We’d be more than happy to provide affordable accommodations during your holiday travels!
We believe sharing is caring! If you know someone who would love to attend any of the above SeaWorld events, share this blog with them on Facebook or Twitter.