Start gearing up for one of San Diego’s biggest art events, kicking off this weekend in Little Italy. This year’s 30th Annual Little Italy ArtWalk and Festival will take place April 26 and 27,throughout Little Italy from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. This family-friendly free event draws in upwards of 100,000 attendees every year so parking will be limited. We recommend getting a nearby cheap hotel for the Little Italy ArtWalk that offers free parking. The Marina Inn is only 3 blocks from Little Italy’s India Street and your affordable hotel room comes with free parking, free WiFi and free breakfast!
After unpacking in your downtown San Diego hotel room near the Little Italy ArtWalk, throw on some sneakers and get ready for 2 days of art-filled fun. Here’s some of what you can expect at this weekend’s Little Italy ArtWalk and Festival:
- Create your own Mandala with artist Deb DeLisi. A mandala uses geometric forms to represent one’s journey through life.
- On Saturday come out from noon to 4 pm to watch four artists at the Off the Wall Live Street Painting exhibit. They’ll be creating art from scratch right in front of your eyes.
- KidsWalk encourages art education among children and will be a prominent part of ArtWalk 2014. Participating organizations will set up shop on the streets of Little Italy where kids will have the opportunity to create their own kites, drawings, chalk art, paper lanterns, music and much more.
- Live music will line the streets on four different stages. Some special guests include Josh Damigo and The Heavy Guilt.
- Dancers on the EDGE will take to stage 5 for must-see performances throughout the weekend. Expect to witness a variety of different styles of dance, from hip hop and jazz to ballet and contemporary.
This weekend is a great time to plan a San Diego vacation, just be sure to book your Little Italy ArtWalk hotel today! If you book your room at Marina Inn and Suites in advance you could qualify for an early booking discount of up to 12% off on already competitive rates. Come out to San Diego to enjoy our cheap hotel next to the Gaslamp Quarter. To ask about our other special discounts or to book a kid-friendly hotel room, call Marina Inn at 1-800-571-2933.
For more information on the Little Italy ArtWalk visit their website at artwalksandiego.org and don’t forget to follow Marina Inn on Twitter (@MarinaInnSD) for more San Diego travel tips and events.