If you’re planning your San Diego shopping excursion to Fashion Valley Mall, which we highly recommend, you’re going to need to rest those feet and your wallet during the day, and one of the many restaurants or cafes is the perfect place to do it. This newly renovated mall has tons of options for every preference, taste and budget.
First, some basic information about the mall: it’s open Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 9 pm and Sunday from 11 am to 7 pm. There are five department stores, 200 shops and restaurants and an 18-screen AMC movie theatre. The stores cover big name brands like Burberry and Gucci and budget stores like Forever 21 and H&M.
If you’re making the mall trip a fun family outing, then take a play break with the kids at the Geppetto’s children area on the first floor next to Gap Kids. The mall also has multiple baby changing stations, including one near Guest Services on the lower level.
If you’re coming from another country to vacation in San Diego you might want to utilize the mall’s Foreign Currency online ordering with Travelex option. You can have U.S. currency delivered right to your door or you can have money preloaded onto your Cash Passport. Something else that might make your travel easier is staying at a cheap hotel near the San Diego International Airport.
Now that you have content kids and the right currency, it’s time to eat! Here are our suggestions for Fashion Valley Mall food destinations:
- 59th& Lex on the third floor in Bloomingdales is a nice quiet reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the busy outdoor mall.
- The Zodiac is a hidden gourmet gem nestled inside Niemen Marcus that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Nordstrom Café also serves breakfast, lunch and dinner but caters to the busy grab-and-go shopper who’s just looking for a quick bite.
- California Pizza Kitchen in the top level food court is a great place to bring the kids. Their diverse menu has everything from pizza (of course) to chicken plates, pastas and kids meals.
- Cheesecake Factory is the place to go for large plates and hot dates. The expansive restaurant has a hot happy hour, large booths and an inviting patio.
- True Food Kitchen is the one true option for the health conscious eater who wants delicious food options while still sticking to their diet.
- Stacked is a great burger and pizza joint that lets you decide when you get your bill and when the food arrives. This is a great option for families with sometimes fussy kids.
For a full listing of Fashion Valley stores and restaurants you can visit the Fashion Valley mall website at simon.com/mall/fashion-valley. Its central location makes it a great destination to relax whether you spent the day at SeaWorld San Diego, the zoo or one of the fantastic beaches along the coast.
Now that you’ve got some information about San Diego, start planning your vacation! To see what a nearby family friendly budget hotel in San Diego can offer you, click here. The Marina Inn near downtown San Diego has all the family friendly amenities you’re looking for: free breakfast, affordable rooms, and a Kid’s Suite that has an adjoining room with a bunk bed for the little ones! To book a room at the Marina Inn, please call our Reservations desk at 1-800-571-2933 and be sure to inquire about our available discounted rates.