Interesting Facts about Little Italy San Diego
Little Italy is a thriving neighborhood of downtown San Diego that is recognized for hip restaurants, retail shops, art galleries and beautifully constructed high rise condos. As a great place for tasty food, live entertainment and premier shopping, Little Italy San Diego attracts visitors from around the world. If you are planning a trip to Little Italy during your vacation in San Diego, here are a few fun and interesting facts to help make your trip more enjoyable:
- The best street in Little Italy is India Street – India Street is the main street of Little Italy where most of the events occur and where you will find the highest concentration of restaurants and shops.
- Take the time to view the mosaics on India Street – After shopping or grabbing a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants on India Street, stop and look at the mosaics. Beautiful and brightly colored, they tell the vibrant story of the history of Little Italy.
- Play bocce ball in Amici Park – In the heart of Little Italy, visitors can spend the day enjoying the sunshine playing bocce ball, a popular Italian game. In addition to bocce ball courts, there is a basketball court and plenty of grass, ideal for picnicking.
- Art lovers should visit in April – Every April, Little Italy hosts the largest art event on the west coast. The San Diego ArtWalk features classic and local artists and is a great way to explore the city and become familiar with its culture.
- Visit the Little Italy Farmer’s Market on Saturday Mornings – Little Italy hosts a market, also known as the Little Italy Mercato every Saturday Morning. From 8am-2pm you can enjoy vendors of produce, flowers, fish, jewelry, clothing and more.
One of the best ways to enjoy the majesty of Little Italy San Diego is to stay at a nearby Little Italy hotel. The Marina Inn & Suites is the preferred hotel of Little Italy, offering clean and spacious rooms and affordable hotel rates. We also offer discounted tickets for visitors and families interested in visiting SeaWorld or the San Diego Zoo, attractions that are within minutes of our downtown hotel. For more information, please contact a Reservation Manager at 1-800-571-2933.