If you’re looking for ways to have fun in San Diego and save money at the same time, you’re in luck. San Diego offers a wide array of exciting and free attractions. Traveling without going over budget might seem difficult, but with our help you can experience San Diego main attractions and sights on a dime!
- Wake up early, and take a free fly fishing class with the San Diego Fly Fishers Club on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lake Murray. Don’t worry about bringing your own equipment, they’ll supply that too!
- If you and your family love to learn, don’t miss out on San Diego’s many fun and educational museums, 35 of which offer free admission for children. Some of our favorites include: San Diego Botanic Garden, Museum of Making Music, Birch Aquarium at Scripps, San Diego Air & Space Museum, and The San Diego Museum of Art.
- If you reserved a budget hotel near Old Town San Diego then you can enjoy their free events including a weekly farmer’s market, the Southern California Folklorico Competition this weekend or Fiesta de Cinco on May 3 and 4.
- Do you like to cook? If so, head over to Williams-Sonoma for a free cooking class. How often do you get the chance to learn from true culinary professionals? You’ll walk out feeling like a gourmet chef yourself.
- If you prefer dining out over cooking, grab some grub at one of the many San Diego restaurants where kids eat free:
Barra Barra Saloon |10 years and younger/nightly
Mia Francesca | 12 years and younger/Sundays
PeriPeri | 12 years and younger/Tuesdays starting at 4 p.m.
The Weevil Burger | Any age/Sundays
- Looking to unwind? Sit back and enjoy a free organ concert at 2 p.m. every Sunday at Spreckles Organ Pavilion. You’ll be impressed as you listen to the beautiful music of one of the world’s largest outdoor pipe organs.
These are all great examples that it’s possible to visit San Diego on a tight budget. As long as you plan ahead of time, book a room at a cheap hotel near the San Diego airport with a free breakfast, it’s possible to have a fun weekend in San Diego without it costing an arm and a leg.
Booking a family-friendly hotel room at Marina Inn & Suites is the perfect option for San Diego visitors who are traveling on a budget. Our affordable downtown San Diego hotel rooms come with plenty of free amenities, including WiFi, breakfast, and parking. We are also always helping our guests save money with discounts of up to 12% off on already competitive rates.
To see how much money Marina Inn can save you on your upcoming San Diego vacation, call us today at 1-800-571-2933.